link to Home Page

Re: Zacharia Sitchin

Article: <6haemd$3q9@dfw-ixnews10.ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Zacharia Sitchin
Date: 18 Apr 1998 14:51:57 GMT

In article <1998041805104900.BAA17538@ladder03.news.aol.com> Randomity
writes:
> Could someone please present me with a cogent argument either
> in support of or against the concept of a 12th planet with a 3,600
> year elliptical orbit.

The best argument is in the geological evidence that our Earth
presents, in 3,600 periods, approximately.  Velikovsky has collected
and presented many of these in his book Earth in Upheaval.  Where many
attack the messenger, throwing all Velikovsky's insights out when fault
can be found with anything he said, these scientific studies he quotes
were NOT done by him, and stand on their own merits.  For instance:

Earth in Upheaval,  pp 46-49, Whales in the Mountains

Bones of whale have been found 440 feet above sea level, north of Lake
Ontario;  a skeleton of another whale was discovered in Vermont, more
than 500 feet above sea level;  and still another in the
Montreal-Quebec area, about 600 feet above sea level.  Although the
Humphrey whale and beluga occasionally enter the mouth of the St.
Lawrence, they do not climb hills.

To account for the presence of whales in the hills of Vermont and
Montreal, at elevations of 500 and 600 feet, requires the lowering of
the land to that extent.  The accepted theory is that the land in the
region of Montreal and Vermont was depressed more than 600 feet by the
weight of ice and kept in this position for a while after the ice
melted.  Another solution would be for an ocean tide, carrying the
whales, to have trespassed upon the land.

But along the coast of Nova Scotia and New England stumps of trees
stand in water, telling of once forested country that (has since
become) submerged.  And opposite the mouths of the St. Lawrence and the
Hudson rivers are deep (land) canyons stretching for hundreds of miles
into the ocean.  These indicate that the land (has become) sea, being
depressed in post-glacial times.  Then did both processes go on
simultaneously, in neighboring areas, here up, there down?