link to Home Page

Re: Planet X/12th Planet Distance at Present

Article: <6ghcrq$r6g@sjx-ixn11.ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Planet X/12th Planet Distance at Present
Date: 9 Apr 1998 02:47:22 GMT

In article <6ge0kn$onh@pmgm.Stanford.EDU> John Ladasky writes:
>> 9.7 weeks before passage it is 2.5 times as far away as Pluto.
>
> Oh, this one is good! This thing is supposed to pass near the
> Earth.  For the purpose of this calculation, the distance from
> the Earth to the Sun is negligible.
>      2.5 x mean distance to Pluto = 14.8 billion km
>      9.7 weeks = 5.87 million seconds
>
> If the object travelled in a straight line, the shortest possible
> path, the average speed of the object traveled over this time
> would be:
>     14.8 billion km / 5.87 million sec = 2,520 km / sec.
>
> The escape velocity of the Sun is 617 km/sec!  Therefore it
> is IMPOSSIBLE for this imaginary object to be in an
> elliptical orbit around the sun.  It would be moving too fast.
> The orbit would have to be hyper- bolic, and the object cannot
> return to the solar system.

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
Impossible?  You stated with smug assurance the age of the Universe a
year ago, and now an impossible date has been hurridly calculated to
take into account some new information based on observations.  My my,
it's impossible only until is is demonstrated NOT to be impossible.
Sound traveling silently through the air as it passes between a ball
held in front of one man and arrives into a box in front of another?
Impossible until radio waves became common place.  You are a fool to
use that word!  You diminish yourself, as we know you are no fool.  The
odd factor giving you fits is your stupid "escape velocity" factor, in
which you imagine that speed is what allows an object to exit the solar
system, and that this SPEED is a constance, the cause, the silly
conservation of motion rules that NO LONGER FIT INTO YOUR EQUATIONS BUT
YOU STILL CLING TO.  We will ask our emissary, Nancy, to post some
contradictions we asked the readership to address over a year ago,
repeatedly, and all we got back was Newton worship, not a soul brave
enough to challenge the angry shepherds of sci.astro and admit t
hat Newton is not a God and could be questioned in light of new
observations.  Now it is openly stated that Newton's equations are
under question, but when we stated this the shepherds howled.

Speed is a factor of attraction and repulsion, NOT a constant that
rules.
(End ZetaTalk[TM])

As requested, the Contradictions topic from over a year ago.
(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
The long elliptical orbit stands in contradiction to human trajectory
theories, which have a trajectory curve downward mirroring the
trajectory curve upward. Repeating comets are going in an essentially
straight line away from the Sun, a line parallel and very close to the
one that would be drawn from the very center of the Sun. Human theories
of such trajectories on Earth state that an object going in an
essentially straight upward path returns from the same place, plunging
straight downward with a curvature mirroring its upward path. In
contradiction to this explanation, complacent humans find nothing
strange when comets reenter the Solar System at a great distance from
where they left. The explanations given by humans for this
contradiction in their logic is the Magical Ellipse explanation. The
ellipse needs no explanation, it just is. When asked to describe the
forces that control an elliptical path, humans proffer a technical
description of an ellipse. They describe it, not explain it.

The long elliptical orbit stands in contradiction to human
gravitational theories, which has the gravitational tug rapidly
diminishing with distance. Where the temporary orbit around the Sun has
an explanation in the steady gravity tug from the Sun, this same
explanation is given for the curve they claim is instituted by the
repeating comet at a great distance. Essentially, humans refuse to even
address this contradiction, falling again into the Magical Ellipse
explanation. Their response, like the cat which falls to licking itself
when it is discombobulated, is to proffer greater and greater detail on
the math they use to draw or describe an ellipse.

Comets, whether termed repeating or non-repeating by humans, assume,
however temporarily, an orbit around the Sun. In this they are going
the fastest when going into this curve, and are going slower when they
leave off from the Sun.

- This behavior stands in direct contradiction to the favorite
explanation of why comets leave the Solar System where and when they do
- escape velocity,  which is slower when the comet escapes than when it
apparently gets caught. This was a recently learned fact that mankind
has yet to deal with. The atmosphere reduces man's ability to see
details close to the Sun, as the Sun's rays scatter in the atmosphere,
creating confusion. Likewise distance, when the comet is on the dark
side of the Earth, cannot be measured accurately when the comet is
pulling away. It is the drama when comet's go round the Sun, are
spanning the sky when one is looking at them during the day, that one
can measure speed. When one is measuring speed during the night, one is
seeing the backside of a comet, and measurements of speed cannot be
accurately determined. It is the recent ability of probes and the
Hubble to get above the atmosphere that allows mankind a clearer
picture. In particular, that time span when the comet is changing its
brief orbit to a break-away. The comet slows before it breaks away, in
direct contradiction to man's math.

- Likewise perturbations by other planets do not explain why the comet
leaves off where it does, and even such a well known comet as Haley's
regularly leaves off from the same spot in spite of vastly different
planetary alignments each time. Human astrophysics doesn't even attempt
to address this, as it causes too much discomfort, apparently. The
favorite tactic when faced with this contradiction is to carve up the
comet's path into tiny slices, and focus just on the point where the
comet leaves off, and then insert a magical and unnamed something that
perturbs the comet so that it can escape.
(End ZetaTalk[TM])